To boldly go where no man has gone before......

I said this to a fellow wargamer last week, and he began to shuffle his feet and fidget, it was only when I explained that we were about to play Star Trek Attack Wing did he visibly relax.

A Federation Galaxy class spaceship, under the command of Capt William T Riker approaches an previously unmapped planet close to Cardassian space.

Sensors soon pick up a Galor class cruiser travelling at impulse speed on the opposite side.

I have to say that I have played several games of Star Trek Attack Wing and I love it. It is a brilliantly designed tactical game. The fact that I am a Star Trek fan also helps the love.

If you do not know anything about the game - click here

After some manoeuvres the Cardassian vessel locked onto Rikers ship and the battle commenced. It became a chase around the planet, with the Cardassians causing some damage to the a Federation vessel and injuring Riker in the process.

It became a bit of a cat and mouse game, the undamaged Cardassian ship against the heavily armed, but damaged and captain-less Galaxy class vessel.

Only Data at the helm seemed to be keeping the Federation ship in one piece, but it was only a matter of time....with Riker injured and in sick bay, the Federation ship was hampered to say the very least.

Soon the Cardassian managed to manoeuvre behind the Galaxy class ship, and despite Data's helmsman ship, she suffered a series of hits which resulted in......

I am a big fan of this game..............click here

Comments

  1. The Federation don't seem to have much luck! Now who was at the helm of the Federation vessel? Another fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Secret Wargamee13 June 2014 at 09:45

    My opponent - I was the Cardassian commander, although I confess to being a Federation fan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but I have always had an affinity to the Ferengi......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Secret Wargamer17 June 2014 at 12:23

      I think it is because they are the least threatening.......I still vividly remember you recanting the fear you felt when you watched The Original Star Trek episode featuring the 'Tribbles' and how, even now, you cannot bear to have cuddly toys of any type in your home.....keep strong buddy..........

      Delete
  4. I like a man who is not afraid to show his sensitive side....nothing to be ashamed of SWF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I am sensitive, I use Nivea when I shave :-)

      Delete
    2. What do you use to moisturise?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not tonight Josephine - 28mm Napoleonic skirmish game

AWI Campaign - Umpires observations

Red v Blue - Modern Spearhead rules and micro armour