Computer Wargames - welcome to 21st Century?



I used a couple of my simulations to make this mini film...........is this the future of wargaming?

I say this because you can already link computers together easily (despite the protestations of technophobes) over wireless networks for multiplayer, the fog of war is already there, and certain simulations are technically dumbned down versions of military training packages. All you would need is a campaign map to fight over, and the right simulations.

It would be cheaper in the long run?

I think you could run a realisitic multiplayer wargame using simulations, heck, you could even do it by PBEM and show the players footage for strategic/tactical decisions, but I suppose the real question is what do you want from your hobby?.....................skillful model making, excellent painting, the social spect, the aesethetics - these cannot be replaced by computers.

I would miss the feeling of destroying the newly painted unit that my secret wargaming friend brings to the table, only to be knocked out in the first few turns.

I love my hobby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not tonight Josephine - 28mm Napoleonic skirmish game

Red v Blue - Modern Spearhead rules and micro armour

Dreadnoughts Rising -World War One naval wargame (dry run)